Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints and kill nothing but time.
We operate in beautiful but fragile Icelandic nature and we understand the importance of sustainable tourism and we feel obligated to leave the environment the same way we found it.
Our principle is to grow with benefits for natural and cultural environment, local societies and small businesses. Our mission is to provide you the best understanding of Icelandic history, customs, cuisine and nature.
With growing tourism traffic, natural protection is fundamental. We travel in small groups, inform our guests about environmentally friendly travel and we are part of Climate Care program to offset our carbon footprint during our tours.
Of course we can’t do everything alone. What can you do to help us preserve Icelandic nature?
- Don’t walk off the path. Any footprint can bring damage to the fragile vegetation, especially moss.
- For the same reason don’t drive off-road. It’s strictly prohibited.
- Stay on designated campgrounds.
- Don’t feed farm animals.
- Don’t built cairns. Taking stones of the ground can speed up soil erosion.
- You don’t have to buy bottled water. Tap water is perfectly drinkable.
- If you are travelling alone always check weather conditions at en.vedur.is
- And road conditions at road.is